- Research Article
- Open Access
Hybrid Algorithm for Finding Common Elements of the Set of Generalized Equilibrium Problems and the Set of Fixed Point Problems of Strictly Pseudocontractive Mapping
© Atid Kangtunyakarn. 2011
- Received: 8 November 2010
- Accepted: 14 December 2010
- Published: 20 December 2010
The purpose of this paper is to prove the strong convergence theorem for finding a common element of the set of fixed point problems of strictly pseudocontractive mapping in Hilbert spaces and two sets of generalized equilibrium problems by using the hybrid method.
- Hilbert Space
- Variational Inequality
- Equilibrium Problem
- Monotone Mapping
- Nonexpansive Mapping
In the case of , is denoted by . In the case of , is also denoted by . Numerous problems in physics, optimization, variational inequalities, minimax problems, the Nash equilibrium problem in noncooperative games, and economics are reduced to find a solution of (1.3); see, for instance, [1–3].
The class of -strict pseudocontractions falls into the one between classes of nonexpansive mappings, and the pseudocontraction mappings, and the class of strong pseudocontraction mappings is independent of the class of -strict pseudocontraction.
converges weakly to a fixed point of provided the control sequence satisfies the conditions that for all and . In 1974, S. Ishikawa proved the following strong convergence theorem of pseudocontractive mapping.
Theorem 1.2 (see ).
In order to prove a strong convergence theorem of Mann algorithm (1.12) associated with strictly pseudocontractive mapping, in 2006, Marino and Xu  proved the following theorem for strict pseudocontractive mapping in Hilbert space by using method.
Theorem 1.3 (see ).
Many authors study the problem for finding a common element of the set of fixed point problem and the set of equilibrium problem in Hilbert spaces, for instance, [2, 3, 11–15]. The motivation of (1.14), (1.15), and the research in this direction, we prove the strong convergence theorem for finding solution of the set of fixed points of strictly pseudocontractive mapping and two sets of generalized equilibrium problems by using the hybrid method.
Lemma 2.1 (see ).
The following lemma is well known.
Lemma 2.3 ((demiclosedness principle) (see ).
The following lemma appears implicitly in .
Lemma 2.4 (see ).
Lemma 2.5 (see ).
Lemma 2.6 (see ).
Lemma 2.7 (see ).
By using our main result, we have the following results in Hilbert spaces.
- Blum E, Oettli W: From optimization and variational inequalities to equilibrium problems. Mathematics Student 1994,63(1–4):123–145.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Moudafi A, Théra M: Proximal and dynamical approaches to equilibrium problems. In Ill-Posed Variational Problems and Regularization Techniques (Trier, 1998), Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems. Volume 477. Springer, Berlin, Germany; 1999:187–201.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Takahashi S, Takahashi W: Strong convergence theorem for a generalized equilibrium problem and a nonexpansive mapping in a Hilbert space. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2008,69(3):1025–1033. 10.1016/j.na.2008.02.042MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Iiduka H, Takahashi W: Weak convergence theorems by Cesáro means for nonexpansive mappings and inverse-strongly-monotone mappings. Journal of Nonlinear and Convex Analysis 2006,7(1):105–113.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Takahashi W: Nonlinear Functional Analysis. Fixed Point Theory and Its Applications. Yokohama Publishers, Yokohama, Japan; 2000:iv+276.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Browder FE, Petryshyn WV: Construction of fixed points of nonlinear mappings in Hilbert space. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 1967, 20: 197–228. 10.1016/0022-247X(67)90085-6MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Marino G, Xu H-K: Weak and strong convergence theorems for strict pseudo-contractions in Hilbert spaces. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2007,329(1):336–346. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2006.06.055MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Mann WR: Mean value methods in iteration. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 1953, 4: 506–510. 10.1090/S0002-9939-1953-0054846-3MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ishikawa S: Fixed points by a new iteration method. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 1974, 44: 147–150. 10.1090/S0002-9939-1974-0336469-5MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Tanga Y-C, Penga J-G, Liu L-W: Strong convergence theorem for pseudo-contractive mappings in Hilbert spaces. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2011, 74: 380–385. 10.1016/j.na.2010.08.048View ArticleMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Combettes PL, Hirstoaga SA: Equilibrium programming in Hilbert spaces. Journal of Nonlinear and Convex Analysis 2005,6(1):117–136.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Kangtunyakarn A, Suantai S: A new mapping for finding common solutions of equilibrium problems and fixed point problems of finite family of nonexpansive mappings. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2009,71(10):4448–4460. 10.1016/j.na.2009.03.003MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kangtunyakarn A, Suantai S: Hybrid iterative scheme for generalized equilibrium problems and fixed point problems of finite family of nonexpansive mappings. Nonlinear Analysis. Hybrid Systems 2009,3(3):296–309. 10.1016/j.nahs.2009.01.012MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Takahashi S, Takahashi W: Viscosity approximation methods for equilibrium problems and fixed point problems in Hilbert spaces. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2007,331(1):506–515. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2006.08.036MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Colao V, Marino G, Xu H-K: An iterative method for finding common solutions of equilibrium and fixed point problems. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2008,344(1):340–352. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2008.02.041MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Zhou H: Convergence theorems of fixed points for -strict pseudo-contractions in Hilbert spaces. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2008,69(2):456–462. 10.1016/j.na.2007.05.032MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Martinez-Yanes C, Xu H-K: Strong convergence of the CQ method for fixed point iteration processes. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2006,64(11):2400–2411. 10.1016/j.na.2005.08.018MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.