Certain sufficient conditions for strongly starlikeness and convexity
© Tao and Liu; licensee Springer 2013
Received: 16 January 2013
Accepted: 25 March 2013
Published: 10 April 2013
The object of the present paper is to derive some sufficient conditions for strongly starlikeness and convexity.
which are analytic in the open unit disc . We write . Let and K be the subclasses of consisting of all starlike functions in U and of all convex functions in U, respectively.
for some γ (), then we say that is strongly convex of order γ in U, and we denote by the class of all such functions. It is obvious that belongs to if and only if . Further, we note that and .
The strongly starlike and convex functions have been extensively studied by several authors (see, e.g., [1–11]). The object of the present paper is to derive some sufficient conditions for strongly starlikeness and strongly convexity. Some previous results are extended.
For our purpose, we have to recall here the following results.
Lemma 1 (see )
Lemma 2 (see )
2 Starlikeness and convexity
Our first result is contained in the following.
which shows that . □
which shows that . □
By Lemma 2, we have . □
Therefore, using Lemma 2, we see that , or . □
Dedicated to Professor Hari M Srivastava.
We would like to express sincere thanks to the referees for careful reading and suggestions which helped us to improve the paper.
- Gangadharan A, Ravichandran V: Radii of convexity and strong starlikeness for some classes of analytic functions. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 1997, 211: 303–313.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Liu J-L: The Noor integral operator and strongly starlike functions. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 2001, 261: 441–447. 10.1006/jmaa.2001.7489MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Liu J-L: Certain sufficient conditions for strongly starlike functions associated with an integral operator. Bull. Malays. Math. Soc. 2011, 34: 21–30.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Mocanu PT: Some starlikeness conditions for analytic functions. Rev. Roum. Math. Pures Appl. 1988, 33: 117–124.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Nunokawa M: On the order of strongly starlikeness of strongly convex functions. Proc. Jpn. Acad., Ser. A, Math. Sci. 1993, 68: 234–237.MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Nunokawa M, Owa S, Polatoglu Y, Caglar M, Duman EY: Some sufficient conditions for starlikeness and convexity. Turk. J. Math. 2010, 34: 333–337.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Nunokawa M, Owa S, Saitoh H, Ikeda A, Koike N: Some results for strongly starlike functions. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 1997, 212: 98–106. 10.1006/jmaa.1997.5468MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Nunokawa M, Thomas DK: On convex and starlike functions in a sector. J. Aust. Math. Soc. A 1996, 60: 363–368. 10.1017/S1446788700037873MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Obradovic M, Owa S: Some sufficient conditions for strongly starlikeness. Int. J. Math. Math. Sci. 2000, 24: 643–647. 10.1155/S0161171200004154MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ponnusamy S, Singh V: Criteria for strongly starlike functions. Complex Var. Theory Appl. 1997, 34: 267–291. 10.1080/17476939708815053MathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Xu N, Yang D-G, Owa S: On strongly starlike multivalent functions of order β and type α . Math. Nachr. 2010, 283: 1207–1218. 10.1002/mana.200710077MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.