- Research Article
- Open Access
Nielsen number of a covering map
© Jerzy Jezierski. 2006
- Received: 23 November 2004
- Accepted: 24 July 2005
- Published: 26 February 2006
We consider a finite regular covering over a compact polyhedron and a map admitting a lift . We show some formulae expressing the Nielsen number as a linear combination of the Nielsen numbers of its lifts.
- Differential Geometry
- Computational Biology
- Nielsen Number
- Brown RF: The Nielsen number of a fibre map. Annals of Mathematics. Second Series 1967, 85: 483–493. 10.2307/1970354MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Brown RF: The Lefschetz Fixed Point Theorem. Scott, Foresman, Illinois; 1971:vi+186.Google Scholar
- Jiang BJ: Lectures on Nielsen Fixed Point Theory, Contemporary Mathematics. Volume 14. American Mathematical Society, Rhode Island; 1983:vii+110.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- You CY: Fixed point classes of a fiber map. Pacific Journal of Mathematics 1982,100(1):217–241.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.