- Open Access
Erratum to "Iterative Methods for Variational Inequalities over the Intersection of the Fixed Points Set of a Nonexpansive Semigroup in Banach Spaces"
© Issa Mohamadi. 2011
- Received: 22 February 2011
- Accepted: 24 February 2011
- Published: 14 March 2011
The original article was published in Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2010 2011:620284
In my recent published paper  to prove Lemmas 3.1 and 5.1, an inequality involving the single-valued normalized duality mapping from into has been used that generally turns out there is no certainty about its accuracy. In this erratum we fix this problem by imposing additional assumptions in a way that the proofs of the main theorems do not change.
Throughout the paper we suggest to impose one of the following conditions:
If is -Lipschitzian, then satisfies (3) and is norm-to-norm uniformly continues that suffices to guarantee that is 2-uniformly smooth. For more results concerning -Lipschitzian normalized duality mapping see .
Note that since every uniformly smooth Banach space has a Gateaux differentiable norm and each nonempty, bounded, closed, and convex subset of has common fixed point property for nonexpansive mappings, we have in . So, when is 2-uniformly smooth, we can remove these two conditions from Theorems 3.2, 4.2, and 5.2 in .
Considering the above discussion to complete our paper, we reprove Lemmas 3.1 and 5.1 of  here with some little changes.
Lemma 3.1 (see ).
Also Lemma 5.1, which is easily proved in the same way as Lemma 3.1, will be as follows.
Lemma 5.1 (see ).
With the new imposed conditions and considering the above lemmas, the following corrections should be done in :
Also in [1, Corollary 4.3] the real Banach space does not necessarily need to have a uniformly Gateaux differentiable norm.
- Mohamadi I: Iterative methods for variational inequalities over the intersection of the fixed points set of a nonexpansive semigroup in Banach spaces. Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2011, 2011:-17.Google Scholar
- Xu HK: Inequalities in Banach spaces with applications. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 1991,16(12):1127–1138. 10.1016/0362-546X(91)90200-KMathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Downing DJ: Surjectivity results for -accretive set-valued mappings. Pacific Journal of Mathematics 1978,77(2):381–388.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.