- Research Article
- Open Access
Best Approximations Theorem for a Couple in Cone Banach Space
© Erdal Karapınar and Duran Türkoğlu. 2010
- Received: 23 March 2010
- Accepted: 8 June 2010
- Published: 29 June 2010
The notion of coupled fixed point is introduced by Bhaskar and Lakshmikantham, (2006). In this manuscript, some result of Mitrović, (2010) extended to the class of cone Banach spaces.
- Fixed Point Theorem
- Normal Constant
- Finite Subset
- Unique Fixed Point
- Couple Fixed Point
for all , has a unique fixed point. Recently, many results on fixed point theorems have been extended to cone metric spaces (see, e.g., [3, 5–11]). In , the authors extends to cone metric spaces over regular cones. In this manuscript, some results of some result of Mitrović in  are extended to the class of cone metric spaces.
For a given cone , one can define a partial ordering (denoted by or ) with respect to by if and only if . The notation indicates that and while will show , where denotes the interior of . It can be easily shown that and where . Throughout this manuscript .
In , the least positive integer satisfying (1.2) is called the normal constant of . Note that, in [3, 5], normal constant is considered a positive real number, ( ), although it is proved that there is no normal cone for in (see e.g., Lemma , ).
Lemma 1.1 (see e.g., ).
One has the following.
(i)Every regular cone is normal.
Definition 1.2 (see ).
It is quite natural to consider Cone Normed Spaces (CNSs).
Complete cone-normed spaces will be called cone Banach spaces.
The proof is direct by applying Lemmas 1, 4, and 5 in  to the cone metric space , where , for all .
Let be a CMS and . Then the mapping such that forms a cone metric on . A sequence is said to be a double sequence of . A sequence is convergent to if, for every , there exists a natural number such that for all .
Lemma 2.3 (see ).
Definition 2.6 (see ).
Remark 2.7 (see ).
Let be a CNS over strongly minidhedral cone , and let be a nonempty convex compact subset of . If is continuous mapping and is continuous almost quasiconvex mapping with respect to such that , then and have a coupled coincidence point.
Let be a CNS over strongly minidhedral cone , and let be a nonempty convex compact subset of . Suppose that is continuous mapping. Then has a coupled fixed point if one of the following conditions is satisfied for all such that :
It is clear that (iii) (ii) (i). To finalize proof, it is sufficient to show that is satisfied. Suppose that holds but has no coupled fixed point. Take Theorem 2.13 into account; then there exist such that (2.14) holds which contradicts .
- Rzepecki B: On fixed point theorems of Maia type. Publications de l'Institut Mathématique 1980, 28: 179–186.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Lin S-D: A common fixed point theorem in abstract spaces. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics 1987,18(8):685–690.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Huang L-G, Zhang X: Cone metric spaces and fixed point theorems of contractive mappings. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2007,332(2):1468–1476. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.03.087MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Khan MS, Imdad MA: A common fixed point theorem for a class of mappings. Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics 1983,14(10):1220–1227.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Rezapour Sh, Hamlbarani R: Some notes on the paper: "cone metric spaces and fixed point theorems of contractive mappings". Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2008,345(2):719–724. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2008.04.049MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Turkoglu D, Abuloha M: Cone metric spaces and fixed point theorems in diametrically contractive mappings. Acta Mathematica Sinica 2010,26(3):489–496.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Turkoglu D, Abuloha M, Abdeljawad T: KKM mappings in cone metric spaces and some fixed point theorems. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2010,72(1):348–353. 10.1016/j.na.2009.06.058MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Di Bari C, Vetro P: -pairs and common fixed points in cone metric spaces. Rendiconti del Circolo Matematico di Palermo 2008,57(2):279–285. 10.1007/s12215-008-0020-9MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Karapınar E: Fixed point theorems in cone Banach spaces. Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2009, -9.Google Scholar
- Karapınar E: Couple fixed point theorems for nonlinear contractions in cone metric spaces. Computers and Mathematics with Applications 2010,59(12):3656–3668. 10.1016/j.camwa.2010.03.062MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Radenović S, Rhoades BE: Fixed point theorem for two non-self mappings in cone metric spaces. Computers & Mathematics with Applications 2009,57(10):1701–1707. 10.1016/j.camwa.2009.03.058MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Mitrović ZD: A coupled best approximations theorem in normed spaces. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2010,72(11):4049–4052. 10.1016/j.na.2010.01.035MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Abdeljawad T, Karapınar E: Quasicone metric spaces and generalizations of Caristi Kirk's theorem. Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2009, -9.Google Scholar
- Deimling K: Nonlinear Functional Analysis. Springer, Berlin, Germany; 1985:xiv+450.View ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Abdeljawad T: Completion of cone metric spaces. Hacettepe Journal of Mathematics and Statistics 2010,39(1):67–74.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Abdeljawad T, Turkoglu D, Abuloha M: Some theorems and examples of cone Banach spaces. Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications 2010,12(4):739–753.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Gnana Bhaskar T, Lakshmikantham V: Fixed point theorems in partially ordered metric spaces and applications. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2006,65(7):1379–1393. 10.1016/j.na.2005.10.017MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Lakshmikantham V, Ćirić L: Coupled fixed point theorems for nonlinear contractions in partially ordered metric spaces. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2009,70(12):4341–4349. 10.1016/j.na.2008.09.020MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Rezapour Sh, Derafshpour M, Hamlbarani R: A review on topological properties of cone metric spaces. to appearGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.