© Dorel Miheţ 2007
Received: 24 December 2006
Accepted: 1 March 2007
Published: 2 April 2007
We answer into affirmative an open question raised by A. Razani in 2005. An essential role in our proofs is played by the separation axiom in the definition of a fuzzy metric space in the sense of George and Veeramani.
- George A, Veeramani P: On some results in fuzzy metric spaces. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 1994,64(3):395–399. 10.1016/0165-0114(94)90162-7MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Gregori V, Romaguera S: Characterizing completable fuzzy metric spaces. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 2004,144(3):411–420. 10.1016/S0165-0114(03)00161-1MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Razani A: A contraction theorem in fuzzy metric spaces. Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2005,2005(3):257–265. 10.1155/FPTA.2005.257MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Grabiec M: Fixed points in fuzzy metric spaces. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 1988,27(3):385–389. 10.1016/0165-0114(88)90064-4MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Schweizer B, Sklar A: Probabilistic Metric Spaces, North-Holland Series in Probability and Applied Mathematics. North-Holland, New York, NY, USA; 1983:xvi+275.Google Scholar
- Radu V: Some suitable metrics on fuzzy metric spaces. Fixed Point Theory 2004,5(2):323–347.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Ćirić L, Ješić S, Ume JS: The existence theorems for fixed and periodic points of nonexpansive mappings in intuitionistic fuzzy metric spaces. to appear in Chaos, Solitons & FractalsGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.