© R. Chen and Z. Zhu. 2006
Received: 10 June 2006
Accepted: 22 July 2006
Published: 17 October 2006
Let be a real reflexive Banach space, let be a closed convex subset of , and let be an -accretive operator with a zero. Consider the iterative method that generates the sequence by the algorithm where and are two sequences satisfying certain conditions, denotes the resolvent for , and let be a fixed contractive mapping. The strong convergence of the algorithm is proved assuming that has a weakly continuous duality map.
- Barbu V: Nonlinear Semigroups and Differential Equations in Banach Spaces. Editura Academiei Republicii Socialiste România, Bucharest; Noordhoff, Leiden; 1976:352.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Browder FE: Convergence of approximants to fixed points of nonexpansive non-linear mappings in Banach spaces. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis 1967,24(1):82–90.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Browder FE: Convergence theorems for sequences of nonlinear operators in Banach spaces. Mathematische Zeitschrift 1967,100(3):201–225. 10.1007/BF01109805MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Lim T-C, Xu H-K: Fixed point theorems for asymptotically nonexpansive mappings. Nonlinear Analysis 1994,22(11):1345–1355. 10.1016/0362-546X(94)90116-3MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Xu H-K: Iterative algorithms for nonlinear operators. Journal of the London Mathematical Society. Second Series 2002,66(1):240–256. 10.1112/S0024610702003332MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Xu H-K: An iterative approach to quadratic optimization. Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 2003,116(3):659–678. 10.1023/A:1023073621589MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Xu H-K: Viscosity approximation methods for nonexpansive mappings. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2004,298(1):279–291. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2004.04.059MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Xu H-K: Strong convergence of an iterative method for nonexpansive and accretive operators. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2006,314(2):631–643. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.04.082MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.