Mann iteration converges faster than Ishikawa iteration for the class of Zamfirescu operators
© Hindawi Publishing Corporation. 2006
Received: 3 February 2005
Accepted: 19 April 2005
Published: 17 January 2006
The purpose of this paper is to show that the Mann iteration converges faster than the Ishikawa iteration for the class of Zamfirescu operators of an arbitrary closed convex subset of a Banach space.
Mann iteration converges faster than Ishikawa iteration for the class of Zamfirescu operators http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2007/97986
- Berinde V: Iterative Approximation of Fixed Points. Editura Efemeride, Baia Mare; 2002:xii+283.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Berinde V: On the convergence of the Ishikawa iteration in the class of quasi contractive operators. Acta Mathematica Universitatis Comenianae. New Series 2004,73(1):119–126.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Berinde V: Picard iteration converges faster than Mann iteration for a class of quasi-contractive operators. Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2004, (2):97–105.Google Scholar
- Berinde V: On the convergence of Mann iteration for a class of quasicontractive operators. in preparation, 2004Google Scholar
- Zamfirescu T: Fix point theorems in metric spaces. Archiv der Mathematik 1992, 23: 292–298.MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.