Comparison of fastness of the convergence among Krasnoselskij, Mann, and Ishikawa iterations in arbitrary real Banach spaces
© G. V. R. Babu and K. N. V. V. Vara Prasad. 2006
Received: 25 April 2006
Accepted: 4 September 2006
Published: 25 January 2007
Let be an arbitrary real Banach space and a nonempty, closed, convex (not necessarily bounded) subset of . If is a member of the class of Lipschitz, strongly pseudocontractive maps with Lipschitz constant , then it is shown that to each Mann iteration there is a Krasnosleskij iteration which converges faster than the Mann iteration. It is also shown that the Mann iteration converges faster than the Ishikawa iteration to the fixed point of .
- Babu GVR, Vara Prasad KNVV: Mann iteration converges faster than Ishikawa iteration for the class of Zamfirescu operators. Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2006, 2006: 6 pages.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
- Berinde V: Approximating fixed points of Lipschitzian generalized pseudo-contractions. In Mathematics & Mathematics Education (Bethlehem, 2000). World Scientific, New Jersey; 2002:73–81.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Berinde V: Iterative Approximation of Fixed Points. Editura Efemeride, Baia Mare; 2002:xii+283.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Berinde V: Comparing Krasnoselskij and Mann iterative methods for Lipschitzian generalized pseudo-contractions. In Proceedings of International Conference on Fixed Point Theory and Applications. Valencia(Spain), 2003. Yokohama Publishers, Yokohama; 2004:15–26.Google Scholar
- Berinde V: Picard iteration converges faster than Mann iteration for a class of quasi-contractive operators. Fixed Point Theory and Applications 2004,2004(2):97–105. 10.1155/S1687182004311058MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Bogin J: On strict pseudo-contractions and fixed point theorems. Technion preprint, series no: MT-219, Haifa, Israel, 1974Google Scholar
- Chidume CE, Osilike MO: Nonlinear accretive and pseudo-contractive operator equations in Banach spaces. Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications 1998,31(7):779–789. 10.1016/S0362-546X(97)00439-2MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Kato T: Nonlinear semigroups and evolution equations. Journal of the Mathematical Society of Japan 1967, 19: 508–520. 10.2969/jmsj/01940508MathSciNetView ArticleMATHGoogle Scholar
- Verma RU: A fixed-point theorem involving Lipschitzian generalised pseudo-contractions. Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Section A 1997,97(1):83–86.MathSciNetMATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.