The Equivalence between -Stabilities of The Krasnoselskij and The Mann Iterations
© Ştefan M. Şoltuz 2007
Received: 20 June 2007
Accepted: 14 September 2007
Published: 15 November 2007
We prove the equivalence between the -stabilities of the Krasnoselskij and the Mann iterations; a consequence is the equivalence with the -stability of the Picard-Banach iteration.
- Harder AM, Hicks TL: Stability results for fixed point iteration procedures. Mathematica Japonica 1988,33(5):693–706.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Mann WR: Mean value methods in iteration. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 1953,4(3):506–510. 10.1090/S0002-9939-1953-0054846-3MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Ishikawa S: Fixed points by a new iteration method. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 1974,44(1):147–150. 10.1090/S0002-9939-1974-0336469-5MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Krasnosel'skiĭ MA: Two remarks on the method of successive approximations. Uspekhi Matematicheskikh Nauk 1955,10(1(63)):123–127.Google Scholar
- Rhoades BE, Şoltuz ŞM: The equivalence between the -stabilities of Mann and Ishikawa iterations. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2006,318(2):472–475. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2005.05.066MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Şoltuz ŞM: The equivalence between the -stabilities of Picard-Banach and Mann-Ishikawa iterations. to appear in Applied Mathematics E—Notes
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.