Thematic series on Fixed Point Theory: Theory, Computation and Applications
Fixed Point Theory and Applications welcomes submissions to the new thematic series on Fixed Point Theory: Theory, Computation and Applications.
This thematic series is devoted to the latest achievements in fixed point theory, computation and applications. It will reflect state-of-the-art abstract research, as well as important recent advances in computation and applications.
One of the most dynamic area of research in the last 50 years, fixed point theory plays a fundamental role in several theoretical and applied mathematics, such as nonlinear analysis, integral and differential equations and inclusions, dynamical system theory, mathematics of fractals, mathematical economics (game theory, equilibrium problems, optimization problems), as well as mathematical modelling. This special issue will present relevant works related to the theory of fixed points and its various applications to pure, applied and computational mathematics. Special attention will be paid to the most important theories developed by Professor Ioan A. Rus and the Cluj-Napoca Fixed Point Theory School: the Picard operator theory, the fixed point structure theory and other aspects of fixed point theory.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Fixed point structures and applications
- Picard and weakly Picard operator theory and applications
- Convergence of iterative schemes and applications
- Fixed point algorithms and computation of the xed points
- Coincidence point theory and applications
- Surjectivity theory and applications
- Continuation theory and applications
- Critical point theory, variational methods and applications
- Integral, differential and partial differential equations and applications
- Dynamical system theory and applications
- Fractal operator theory and applications
- Operator equations and inclusions
- Geometry of the Banach spaces
- Optimization problems and applications
- Equilibrium problems, game theory and applications
- Mathematical modeling via fixed point theory approaches
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the Instructions for Authors for Fixed Point Theory and Applications. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Fixed Point Theory and Applications submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate section in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series on New Challenges and Trends in Fixed Point Theory and Its Applications. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.Submissions to this thematic series are entitled to a 25% discount on the article processing charges. To receive this discount, authors should mention the thematic series within the "waiver request" box on the 'Payment' screen during submission of their manuscript.
Deadline for submissions
August 27th, 2016
Lead Guest editors
Vasile Berinde, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania firstname.lastname@example.org
Adrian Petrusel, Babeș-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca, Romania email@example.com
Radu Precup, Babeș-Bolyai Cluj-Napoca, Romania firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com. Sign up for article alerts to keep updated on articles published in Fixed Point Theory and Applications - including articles published in this thematic series!